View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #286
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoyz View Post
Great Work as Usual, Do u attract a lot of attention when ever you have it out for a Drive? Just curious how many people realize how much work has gone into this?

Please keep us all Inspired with your Mod's.............
Rick
I actually don't think that many people have any idea what they are looking at. I still have people saying "nice suburban," and occasionally (one in 25 that actually look) I might get "did you shorten that?"

One guy followed me to the bank and asked a ton of questions. Turned out he was building a 72 crewcab from a burb

Another guy followed me to work the other day. Showed me pics of his beautiful 71-72 on his PDA. That was the day I drove it with no rear shocks

Another time a few guys gathered around it and snapped some pics in the Home Depot parking lot. I didn't actually witness it but was told by another guy who was parked next to it. He said they were checking it out for like 15 minutes and waiting for me to come out, but I took too long

Still, I think it just looks like a junker to most people, with the rusty tailgate, primer stripes, cracked windshield, missing trim, and tweaked front bumper. Until they try to race... Even then I let most people go, but occasionally I'm in the right mood

It'll definitely get attention after it's painted, but most people still won't know anything is unique about it other than the stance and wheels
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote