View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #54
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Dan's '46 - Some Small Stuff Done Today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-TEN View Post
... I didn't use any moisture for the headliner.
Good to know. I didn't want to...just saw that most everyone on Stovebolt was saying you had to.

Quote:
...Lay it out and let it flatten up from shipping. Know going in that you will not have it fit properly over the doors. Choose a side that you want perfect and let it be. On my driver''s side, the holes show a bit and that is the fault of the product, not you. You can't stretch it
Yeah, I already laid it out, I was just paralyzed by the lack of the "outer" center bow. I DO have the structural center bow...so after awhile I got to thinking, "Why can't I just butt up the two headliner pieces and screw a piece of stainless strip over the top of the butt joint? I think I can make it work. First, I've got crusty, but non-penetrative surface rust on the underside of the roof. I need to sand that off and coat it with Master Series or POR-15, insulate it, then do the headliner.

Quote:
...I wonder if you can buy a bow from someone going with the one piece setup? Or maybe use and Advance Design bow and cut it down.
If anyone has one they want to get rid of, drop me a PM.

In keeping with the "Small Stuff" thread title:

I tried to flush the radiator for fresh coolant today. I drained it; there was VERY depleted antifreeze w/ some rust already developing. Refilled & ran it up to temperature TWICE, drained/refilled it w/ water both times and still got some rustiness coming out so I will continue tomorrow. Anyone know if there is a block drain on an older (70's) 350?

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 09-05-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote