View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #113
coralhead

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanixman View Post

Yes indeed! My dad and uncle are still debating if it's a 30.06 or a 410 with a slug.
Something isn't it?

Well right now, I plan on getting a summer job at one of the manufacturing places around here as either a design engineer, or a cnc operator. In a couple years, I plan on going to Milwaukee School of Engineering, and getting a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
For now, I just want to get her running, so I can have a daily driver during the summer/next school year.
Is there an exit wound in the back of the cab? If not I'm thinking a slug as I would think a 30.06 would punch through the back of the cab unless the set stopped them.

On going to engineering school, a big thumbs up. Learn as much as you can on how to machine things and the different ways it can be done. Pay close attention to the wire edm. That is one machine that came out after I was in the shop and had not hands on. I went to trade school in High School and learned to be a machinist and then worked my way into a Engineering degree. I currently am a Machine designer for a local Electronics Connector company and love my Job. I have always felt that the in order to be a Mechanical engineer you need to be able to know how to make the things you design.

PM me, we are always looking for Good co-ops .
coralhead is offline   Reply With Quote