The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
mechanixman

Re: 1952 1 Ton Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee007 View Post
Nick, does that little radio require an antenna?
Yes it does, I found out I can fit in behind the dome light at the back of the cab.

Quote:
]Without me having to search back through your entire thread, which I have read btw, are those bullet holes in the glass?
Yes indeed! My dad and uncle are still debating if it's a 30.06 or a 410 with a slug.
Something isn't it?

Quote:
So what are your plans for when you are graduated from HS? what's in store for you?
Well right now, I plan on getting a summer job at one of the manufacturing places around here as either a design engineer, or a cnc operator. In a couple years, I plan on going to Milwaukee School of Engineering, and getting a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
For now, I just want to get her running, so I can have a daily driver during the summer/next school year.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
coralhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanixman View Post

Yes indeed! My dad and uncle are still debating if it's a 30.06 or a 410 with a slug.
Something isn't it?

Well right now, I plan on getting a summer job at one of the manufacturing places around here as either a design engineer, or a cnc operator. In a couple years, I plan on going to Milwaukee School of Engineering, and getting a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
For now, I just want to get her running, so I can have a daily driver during the summer/next school year.
Is there an exit wound in the back of the cab? If not I'm thinking a slug as I would think a 30.06 would punch through the back of the cab unless the set stopped them.

On going to engineering school, a big thumbs up. Learn as much as you can on how to machine things and the different ways it can be done. Pay close attention to the wire edm. That is one machine that came out after I was in the shop and had not hands on. I went to trade school in High School and learned to be a machinist and then worked my way into a Engineering degree. I currently am a Machine designer for a local Electronics Connector company and love my Job. I have always felt that the in order to be a Mechanical engineer you need to be able to know how to make the things you design.

PM me, we are always looking for Good co-ops .
coralhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
mechanixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
Is there an exit wound in the back of the cab? If not I'm thinking a slug as I would think a 30.06 would punch through the back of the cab unless the set stopped them.
There aren't any exit holes in the back of the cab (thank goodness) But the door windows are shot. Literally . There's almost nothing left of either one. We think someone shot at the windshield at an angle, and it shot the side glass out. My dad and I both think it's the rifle, because the hole doesn't seem nearly big enough.

Quote:
On going to engineering school, a big thumbs up.
Thanks!

Quote:
Learn as much as you can on how to machine things and the different ways it can be done. I have always felt that the in order to be a Mechanical engineer you need to be able to know how to make the things you design.
That's something our teachers have repeatedly stressed, and I believe I have a grasp of it. Considering when other kids need help, I'll explain it all to them: "no, the mill can only move in 3 directions. You'd have to turn the part on it's side if you want to engrave your name."

Our High School has 2 CNC 3 axis HAAS TM-1 mills, 2 HAAS CNC lathes, a plasma cutter, a CNC router, and someone just donated a Bridgeport. I'm pretty excited about that, now I can learn to machine without having to look at a damn computer screen for a couple hours.
mechanixman is offline   Reply With Quote