View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #98
argonaut

Re: Adopting a Suburban Carryall, The Seahorse

I FINALLY got the rear suspension done and put together. First I pulled the springs and was surprised to find that my little 12 ton harbor freight press popped them right out, with ease! Put poly bushings back in place. I took off the overloads and put on a set of zero rates and moved the axle back 1.5"

Then I had to cut up and modify the spring hanger. Because the frame on a 2wd widens to the rear of the cab, the factory spring hanger was on a skewed angle, and also was wider. Turned out well but later on I'll need to add some plating to extend the gusset back up to the top of the bracket.

Got some shackles fabricated and put them on too.

I painted the master cylinder and booster mounting bracket while I was painting everything else. Reassembled everything and cinched down the fittings.

It will be a tight race for me to get this thing ready for the Brothers show in two weeks. Still need to rework the front springs and shackles, regasket and oil both diffs, rebuild one of my spare quadrajets and swap out 2bbl for a 327 4bbl intake.

I also finally decided on 255/85R16 Cooper Discoverer S/T tires for this project. If I get enough done by next week I'll order them.

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!

Last edited by argonaut; 06-15-2015 at 07:30 AM.
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote