View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #11
CousinTone

Re: WTB 1964 Power Steering Brackets for L6292

Thank you so much guys. I even got my first CaptianFab comment on one of my strings. It's like christmas.

This board is full of the best, most helpful selfless people I've ever had the honor of being a part of. I sincerely appreciate all the detail, I love details! I did get lucky today at pick-a-part here in CA. Found a 6cyl, couldn't get the casting number to come up in any search engine i found and so regardless, took the pump, one bracket that cradles the pump, two other arm brackets (maybe a quick fix to get back running). I'll post the pictures on here later on when I'm rested from searching 2 acres of cars in 80 degree heat. I'm getting older, it's not as easy as it use to be. No more running down rows! LOL. But I think its missing one bracket to go from othe cradle to the head mount studs (yes, I took those too). I hope i'm wrong, but thinking not.

This is all great. you'll all be surprised to know that every steering gear that mounted on the outside of the frame was gone, every one out of 20 different 1980's trucks and suburbans/tahoes. May be worth it just buying that new since the core is only $20 and total out the door is $135. Any suggestions on which model's gear and pitman would work best on my '64 C20 being turned into a C10 (already have the suspension and other hardware). I'd like to put it all in at the same time so it's done correctly the first time and I won't have to stop and put a new part on every month. Let me know and thanks again to you all for this help on my old 64.

Last edited by CousinTone; 04-08-2018 at 10:41 PM.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote