Thread: "52 3600/3100"
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 05:03 PM   #246
Mains52

Re: "52 3600/3100"

Small set back!!

So after installing glass and working out some cooling issues with the ls swap and some steering work with proper borgeson joints, lil barnwood bed install. I went for another 1/4 mile test drive. Everything working as it should on my way back up the street I am a happy camper. I go to just give it a little gas nothing wild but I must have spun the tires and SNAP. Something popped and I spun super hard into a grass embankment almost rolled and slid backwards into my neighbors yard. Thankfully I didn't have my kids with me because I hadn't installed my seat belts yet. After the initial assessment of the damage its looking like Ill need a new right rear axle and drum, a new radiator, short section of rear brake line, most likely changing the wheels. I did break some of my 4 link components but they look re usable. I wish I knew what caused initially but Ill never know. The sheet metal is all work able for what I need and I wasn't injured so its just a minor set back in the grand scheme of how bad it really could have been.
Attached Images

Mains52 is offline   Reply With Quote