View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #378
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
The hardened and ground bearing surface finish on a new or serviceable used countershaft should be absolutely smooth. Just like a freshly ground crankshaft journal... maybe smoother.

How rough is yours where the needle bearings ride?
The reason I ask is... It looks like you have at least four well defined wear rings from the needle bearings. The two on the slotted end look rough enough that I would consider a new countershaft... or spray welding and re-grinding back to spec.
How does the countershaft needle bearing bore opposite those wear rings look and feel?
thank you, I concur. Yesterday morning I dropped this transmission off at my local manual transmission rebuild shop and we will see what they say. I was quoted $300 to put it back together, I like to share the cost information cause I know that is something I would want to know about. Keep in mind I provided them with the $200 rebuild kit already. They said it will be done in a couple days, but that may be in mechanic/machinist time, LOL! so we shall see, no rush on my end
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote