The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #1
REDROCKER652002

Question regarding vin and model numbers

OK, so my son and I bought a beat up old 69 C10. He has since decided he does not want to work with it anymore so I am taking it over. Before he quit we redid the wiring, exhaust and some interior stuff. He ripped the bed wood out and that is where is stands. I want to replace the cross sills and just put a piece of plywood for the bed right now. As I have looked more into it, seems the old owner moved one of the cross sills down and redrilled a hole for one of the others. Now, my question. In looking at the VIN and Model, I am wondering if it was a fleetside to start with and someone decided to change it to a stepside. Here are the numbers I found.

Drivers side Pillar: CE149Z897007

Inside the glove box: C#141z606130 and CE10934

I have looked around and I cannot seem to match the numbers exactly, but I have a sneaking suspicion this was a fleetside that somebody turned into a step side. If that is the case, is it possible to keep it as a stepside? I like the look of them better anyway.

Any input is welcomed and appreciated.
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Question regarding vin and model numbers

-
Does the SPID sticker on the inside of the glove box door list the original wheel base, to see if anything has been changed there. Original short bed would be 115" and long bed would be 127"

Is the truck titled in your name at this time? If not I don't think I would do any more to it until I got it registered in your name. It looks like someone possibly used a couple of trucks to make one.

There should also be a number stamped on top of the frame rail by the steering box. Check it out. You may need to wire brush the area to see it.

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote