The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2004, 10:34 PM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

For sale- lowered, big block, shortbed truck

It's time to sell the famous Tx Firefighter Cool As Hell (TM) truck.

I'll supply proof of over 7 thousand dollars spent in parts alone in the last 18 months. I'm asking 6 thousand dollars for the truck.

I'm the third owner of this thing. It's an original Texas truck with worn out original paint on everything but the front fenders. It's a solid truck, it doesn't need rockers or cab corners or any of that stuff.

I bought this truck as an untouched original 6 cylinder 3 speed no option truck.

Everything listed below, I've done, and all has less than 5k miles since I did it.

It's got a 35k mile since new 454 engine, a fully bulletproof turbo 400, new 1 piece driveshaft.

Converted to 5 lug front and 3.08 rear.

Lowered 4.5 and 6 using all the good stuff from ECE, super track bar, short KYB shocks.....

All new brakes, booster, master cylinder, hoses, bearings, calipers, pads, shoes, wheel cylinders....

Engine has been resealed with all new gaskets, seals, timing chain, new water pump, fuel pump, belts, hoses, 4 core radiator.....Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 750 carb, new HEI.....

It's all detailed with POR 15 paint, lots of bead blasting, all correct and original pulleys, brackets, mounts, fan shroud...it's all done right. You can buy any part for an original big block truck at the parts store and it will fit like it should.

Inside has a tilt column, new dash pad, original uncut dash, radio block off plate, late model truck steering wheel.

Has 15x8 Cragars all around with BFG tires.

Converted to power steering, power brakes, and big swaybar. The swaybar is the FAQ article that I did, you can see picture of it over there.

I converted the front clip to 72 style with a billet grille insert and new chrome bumper.

This truck drives straight, doesn't leak, rub, bump, or grind. My wife can drive this truck without any trouble. I was a mechanic professionally for 12 years, so I do stuff right. I'm also an obsessive freak, so stuff has to be neat too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 11-13-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote