The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
carterb

70gmc suburban - sell? part? scrap?

I needed a set of doors for my 72 chevy suburban. I was having a dificult time finding a set until I found a complete 70 gmc suburban for sale up north of me. It is a rolling shell, the engine and tranny were newly rebuilt and plucked for another truck by the previous owner. Soon after I had the rolling shell towed to my property, I found another set of doors from a 72 chevy, even in the same blue/white color as mine. Super!
But now I have a big brown GMC on my lawn.
I have had it listed on the classifieds for $450 but there were only 2 or 3 interrested parties. Most weren't local so shipping killed the thriftyness of the deal. I'd take less, I certainly don't need to make any money on it but I'd also rather not loose any.
I may have better luck parting it out but don't really have the time and it'd be a shame to have it hauled away to the recycler...
Not sure why I am posting... Advice? Whining? Sad? Who knows. Anyway, here is a photo. If you have any ideas on what I should do with it let me know, thanks.
Admin - I understand if you feel this post could be construde as a classified add and you need to pull it. That isn't the intention however...
Thanks all!
Looking forward to starting the motor and suspension work on my 72!
--carter
Attached Images

carterb is offline   Reply With Quote