The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

Front Disc Brakes sticking a little - why and how do I fix it?

So I replaced my booster, master cylinder, prop. valve, and lines running to the unions this weekend.

Did a complete bleed until I got clean fluid only through all the lines (from the RR, LR, RF, LF, and brakes stop fine. No light on the dash, everything is really pretty good.

Only thing is the fronts stick a little. They aren't just plain grabbing, but they do hold. I jacked up the front, and the wheels won't make a complete full revolution without stopping. The rears are fine.

When I started to bleed, I was going to use a vacuum and pull the air out, so I had to start with the LF, and it wasn't going to well, so I went to the old fashioned way (someone pumping, someone opening/closing the bleeder).

Well, when we got to the front, it wasn't bleeding good still, actually not all. So after pushing in the pin on the prop. valve and still not getting anything, we figured out the master cylinder had air locked. So we re-bled it (bent lines over into the bowl from the port). It had been bench bled already. Then the fronts bled fine and everything was great. Except the sticking pads.

So, that's where I am at. What's to troubleshoot.

DLB