The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done 09/09

WOW! I finally had a weekend that I did some "real" truck stuff. I have been scrounging parts to convert my 82 Blazer front clip to a 73-77 style front end. After many unsuccessful attempts I scrounged up what was "supposed"ust free core support. It wasn't!

I had talked with forum member Tony (texassquarebodies) about a hood, and he said he thought he had a good core support as well. I loaded what I had on a small trailer and headed to Rockwall this weekend.

After dropping what I had at Stoked Out and spending a few hours catching up on the latest with my buddy Keith (n2billet) we took off to Tony's little place in the country.

Tony met us at the gate of his shop with a huge Texas smile on his face. He shook our hand and right away we started talking trucks. When your standing in the yard of Tony's shop it's impossible to not talk about trucks. He has a HUGE collection of 73-87 trucks of all sizes shapes and colors.

We made our way around the immediate area going from one building to the next. Every building we stopped at had a huge stash of parts in it. Most are 73-87, but he has tons of other era cars and truck parts too.

After s trip to the fridge for ice cold Gatoraid, we watched will Tony lifted a 80 C/K Blazer on the back of his rollback wrecker. We inspected to core support and it was mint. Half an hour later it was on the ground and on the back of my trailer.

Before I was done I had scored a super clean 73-77 hood, a mint core support, a 73-74 grill, and a spare fender. After that we hopped in the single wheel crewcab he had just bought for dirt cheap, and took a tour of the yard. Tony's family has 90 acres there in Wills Point and it has a LOT of cars and trucks.

There is another chapter to this story that I will have to add along with pics when I get home.

Until then, what did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote