The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
1974k5blazer
Account Suspended

Need Help With Air Ride System!

Ok so I went to go get in the Binder the other day to drop the front and i hit the switch and nothing happen, so i went to lift it, and it went up but will not go down! I know nothing about bag sytems, there is a junction block inside the engine compartment, where the air line comes into, with two little black solinoid looking things that say mass magnet on them with a ground and a hot wire coming out of them. I figured one was to open the valve and one to close it or something?? and on one of them it looked like the ground wire got pulled out a little, most likely got stepped on while putting the motor in, so I switched the two "mass magnets" around to see if it would now go down but not up! but still did the same thing will go up but not down, I even changed switches to see if i just had a bad switch! what else could this be, do i have a stuck valve or something? It seems to be a very simple system, i have have two switches, one for the front and back up and down, and one to turn the compressor on and off! PLEASE HELP, I'LL POST PICS TODAY!