The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

Saturday pics (1-24) Rescue mission!!

Hey guys! I think I've got a pretty good batch for you this time around. I guess after the title of this round I owe you a bit of a lead in story for these pictures. My wife and I have been friends with another couple for several years now. Kinda got to know them through mutual friends at car shows and cruise ins. Every so often my friend would get to talking about the old service station that his grandpa ran back in the 60s and 70s. It seems that Pops was quite the mechanic back in his day but unfortunatly he has since left us. Well, my buddy was left the contents of the garage and a couple pickups and a car. He's been mumbling about going to go get em for the last couple of years, but like most of us, time and space for projects always seem to run short. Well...I guess he decided it was time to make time to get started...

Odds are this one will surrender it's engine for the cause...will probably end up parting out the rest. (Please no emails or PMs...I'll be sure to pass on the info when the time comes)

Nother one...belongs to his great uncle.

I just noticed the rearend/coils/track bar location...I've never seen any like it...Of course I usually deal with lighter duty trucks.

Our target for the day! These were shot after it had already been pulled out of the weeds and trees. Amazingly solid considering it's been outside for so long. The grill, headlight buckets and Fulton visor were lying on the seat.

My bud said that his Pops used to send him to town driving this truck when his was about 9 yrs old.

Pops got all he could outta his Vise Grips.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote