The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
cali_surfer

power door locks

Hey everyone,

There was a big car/truck show out in my neck of the woods this weekend and I came home with some good deals. $45 dash pad, $60 fan shroud, a hidden antenna and a power door lock kit from AutoLoc. I spent all day today trying to install the power door lock kit and am having major problems. Has anyone done one of these kits before, if so, I need some pointers. They claim easy installation, which might be the case for the wiring, but getting these dumb things to work together is a nightmare. The kit is centrally locking, meaning when you lock/unlock one door, the other door locks/unlocks as well. The wiring goes together like clock work, all I had to do was match up the different colored wires and find a constant hot 12+ source. I mounted the door lock actuators on the door, but when it comes time to try to get the actuator rod working in harmony with the factory lock rod, thats where my install goes to $hit. I'm looking for any advice, tips, secrets, etc. that will help me get this job done. I swear, I've built everything on my truck myself, but this small job of trying to get the freakin door locks to work properly is driving me to my wits end.