The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
merlot566jka

Thumbs down Burb got broke into, now I have a hole for a lock!! HELP!!

Well thursday night at Hooters, I came out to my truck to find my door lock had been punched out and they stole a small amp and my backpack with some important military paper work in it. Not cool.

Anyways, The lock is still good but the door is pretty messed up. I don't know if its fixable, or if I should swing down to pull-a-part and just get a new door tomorrow. The whole truck is rattle-canned primer black, so painting it wont be an issue.
Yet I have never pulled a door off. I can rebuild engines and fab all kinds of things for days, but I have never had to pull a door. What do I need, and how would I do it?
I have power windows and locks, and I assume those doors are different from non power doors. Also its a burb, but its the front left door, so I think its the same as the pickups, but not for certain.

I have thought about just going a head and shaving the locks and handles, but I don't have the money for 2 door popper kits right now, so I just need to get the burb back to the way it was.

here are some pics

merlot566jka is offline   Reply With Quote