The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #1
72blue

thorley headers on a 67-72 sbc

Is anyone running these on angle plug heads? I am running a set of canfield's and when I bought the headers they said "fit most angle plug heads." That being said, I know I am not the only sap that chose angle plug heads of some sort and thorley headers...I hope. Anyway, the #5 plug is problematic; close to the header tube and I was thinking of the "shorty plugs" and not sure just exactly how much shorter they really are. Accel says (and I an awaiting them to answer my question as to how much shorter their plug that compares to the autolite 3924 canfield recommends really is) their shorty plugs are 3/16" to 3/8" shorter than the plugs that the shortys replace. So if anyone is in the same boat as I, what did you do? I am entertaining the idea of putting my ram horns back on if I cannot keep from frying a plug wire every few weeks or so.

Thanks to all
James