The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
SS68

2 questions

i have a 70 c10 lwb i purchased a 6 lug disk brake conversion w/ 2.5" drop spindles from performanceonline.com and once i installed it the truck sits pretty i used the original spring's (bad idea) my tires stick out about 1/2" inch on both sides. I am running 275/60/15's all the way around when turning they clear but the problem i am running into is when i hit a speed bump the inner fender wells scrape and gauge my tires. I am planning to put 22's on it (before yall start, its my truck and its what i like so the 22's are going on it) so i want to fix this issue which leads me to my 1st question

besides me running smaller tires is there a way i can move the spindles inward so my tires dont stick out? will me putting new springs in the front keep my tires from scraping?

and onto my second question

site member 1low71 his build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=266234&page=3

in his thread he wrote "I moved the crossmember up 2 inches and forward 1 inch to center the wheel in the well a little better. I also moved the steering box up and forwad 1 inch as well"

has anyone else done this? i need more information on this please. I like the way his truck sits i attached a pic of his truck and mine how it sits now i dont plan on running airbags
thanks for any help
Attached Images

SS68 is offline   Reply With Quote