The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
guyryan100

Any ideas why carb isn't letting gas through?

Hey guys, any ideas?

The truck ran fine 3 weeks ago when I parked it, today it won't fire up. If I drip gas into the carb it will fire up fine, but otherwise, no luck. It's like fuel isn't getting through the carb (Edlebrok 1406). Gas supply is fine - I disconnected the fuel line and put it in a can, turned the engine over and the can has gas in it. And when I loosen the clamp fuel supply line from the side of the carb it wants to spray out gas, so seems there's plenty of pressure. Anything I should be inspecting on the carb? Everything's pretty new on the truck - gas lines, filter, fuel pump, tank, even the gas is only about 3 weeks old. And again, seems like gas is flowing.

I replaced the ignition wires (from stock Delco to Taylor) so I would expect I messed that up but again, if I drip gas through the top of the carb the engine fires up and sounds normal for a few seconds till the gas runs out.

What is most likely to prevent fuel flow in the carb? Any ideas?
guyryan100 is offline   Reply With Quote