The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
KainRahl

1981 GMC Sierra Stepside. New Here and to this :) Info please.

Hey guys I got hopefully one heck of a deal. I found a 1981 GMC Sierra Stepside on craigslist http://lawton.craigslist.org/cto/1926292525.html and got the dude to come down to 500 dollars cuz he had to pay off loan. N E ways. In there it says its pretty rare, and from the info I have found (none) it seems there are less GMC versions of this truck? Anyway the engine is perfect condition literally seems to be very new and very very strong running. Drove it back from oklahoma with no problems. the interior has the usual rust from what i found out and have already ordered the floor pans rocker panels and cab corners. The things i need help with besides just basic info on the truck are. The guy before me took the dash out completely COMPLETELY no gauges no knobs(except lights n wipers) no intrsument panel nothing. just wires and metal. What do i do !?? all i have found are like dash covers will this fit over the metal? I also mailed teh Stitch guy on here as to his dash stitchings deal. The interior needs pretty much all Stitched Up so looking forward to talking to you And i Need a new wood bed all there is back there is metall bars. So i need Both wood and chrome bars for it. Sorry i have so much writing here I just been waiting like a week to post this lol. I have a body guy starting on the sanding/painting process hes reworking it completely.. I am going with Plum Crazy Purple 10 (with a few special pearls in it via my choice) and my girl wants to access the interior with pearl white. I want to do a flip kit and lower it 4/6 i think I have 22' Giovannis on order for it with dust covers. anyways i'm gonna shut up for now and let this get some replies first

So questions comments ideas (place where a newb like me can get a lowering thing done for cheap) YAY
Attached Images

KainRahl is offline   Reply With Quote