The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
gregg72340

Turbo 350 Gas vs Diesel........Confused!!!!

Hi guys, have read on here a bunch of previous posts about a gas Turbo 350 vs a diesel Turbo 350. So here is my dilemma I have a gas 305 with a Turbo 350 and the trans is shot. I have a diesel parts truck with a 350 Diesel and a Turbo 350 behind hit that has the dual pattern housing on it (BOP and Chevy). Can I use this trans in my gas truck? I Guess basically what mods or adjustments would need to be made to make this shift right behind the gas motor? Also the parts truck is an 81 so would an 81 diesel have a lockup trans in it or would it be just a regular th 350?

My other dilemma is I can get a 79 parts truck that has a good gas th350 in it but would that be a lock up as well or just a regular one? Because the 79 the only thing really good it would have for me is the trans and thats the only reason I would get it as the rest of the truck is a real tired POS.

I have read the other posts n this idea and it just confused the crap out of me on it so hopefully any responses will point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance
Gregg