The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
fredscarryall

air conditioning question in panels and burbs

i have a 1950 suburban.can anyone tell me what air conditioning set up they are running in the 48 to 53 suburbans and panels, maybe even up to 59? i know vintage air ,hot rod air, classic auto air and old air products make set ups for the cab of the 48 to 53 trucks. i have called all of these companies and non of them are really sure there truck systems will cool a panel or burb enough.some say i should run there $1500 air box and others say i need to run a second rear air unit. has anyone used the truck system in there panels or burbs. or is there a system of of another vehicle i can use without a ton modifications. i am planning on running front and rear seats. information or pictures would be helpful. if anyone has ever ran a/c and heater hoses through the side kick panel to give the firewall a clean look would also be nice to see to?

Last edited by fredscarryall; 05-21-2011 at 10:45 PM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote