The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
freaknajeep

76 gmc swb from he--!!

so its like this...y'all have heard me go on about this truck and kept asking for some pics so here are a few basic ones too start...remember i said it aint much to look at yet...upon purchasing my truck for 400$ i thought i had gotten a deal.. i only had time for a quick look before saving it from salvage yard the wrecker was allready on the way...after getting it home and inder the microscope i found "cancer in the floors, more additional wiring than i thought was possible.. someone had removed the original inline 6 to install a smallblock.since they didnt know you could/had to move the motor mounts they just unbolted the plate from passenger side of block and let it lay on its side...thinking they were slick they added a chain to hold it down but put it on same side as the mount that was bolted in...looks like the hole in the tunnel for 3spd shifter was cut with a sledgehammer and a crowbar..when i picked up the truck to bring it home the 3spd trans was in the bed and i found an auto and torque converter in bushes so i grabbed it too..it was a 200-4r...after the major inspection and gutting of the interior and almost all of the "aftermarket wiring" i put a battery in and took a gamble and turned the key and pushed the button..the motor turned over and with a little priming started..i let it run for about a minute and turned it off only to hear dripping water...it was coming from every where..left side, right side, back, front, every where every freeze plug was completely rusted out...so i pulled the motor installed brass plugs, corrected the mounting with new mounts in correct location, gave it a new oil pan gasket since i had it out beside there was a dent in oil pan i had to fix...gave about 2 seconds to the thought of stripping and painting the motor but nah not yet...put it back into the truck with the 200-4r trans, called up bowtie overdrive got all the wiring and went to fill it up and see if it would move nope DENIED...apparently someone had jammed the pump..so once again back on the net for parts..put a 13 vane upgrade kit in and put trans back in and yeeha it moved...in the process of putting all new brakes and soon all poly in suspension got to make it stick to curvy country roads..oh yeah and the multi sized, 57 welds, blown glasspack havin exhaust, sounded like crap so i picked up a complete 2010 nissan titan exhaust and with 3 cuts grafted it in now it sounds much much better...now i got 1 bucket seat from some kind of car no floor no dash no tunes but it will take me to the beer store...lol more upgrade to come soon along with cosmetic work and lots of new pics i hope
Name:  DSCF0190.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  69.5 KB
ive been doing some testing with rattle can first to see what colors i want...lol
Name:  DSCF0191.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  DSCF0192.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  73.2 KB
heres my 72 datsun 240z
Name:  DSCF0188.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  66.0 KB
and cant leave out the jeep...just removed exo and emptied out the carriers to get bigger gears and moved the front axle forward 4 more inches for better approach
Name:  DSCF0195.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  93.0 KB
freaknajeep is offline   Reply With Quote