The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
notsolo

Blazer Bodyguards

As with most Blazers they were run hard and put away wet...the front wheel wells were designed pretty good and front fenders were protected.. NOT SO MUCH BEHIND THE DOORS. the front side of the rear wheel wells is a open pit that collects everything...P-O did a coverup by replacing the outer rocker panel. I never heard of or knew about rocker boxes (Torsion Boxes) 15 years ago when I bought this truck. After a lot of scraping- cleaning- priming- and replacing undercoat I repaired what I have, the best I can do without welding....Sorry to say I don't have the funds to strip out each side to make it right. Its going to be a street ride no longer 4x4 the conversion is almost complete. Mostly what I have is solid so it is mostly there. To preserve what is there I made a shield out of 1/8 diamond plate to reduce amount of crap and water from getting into this area... Pattern made out of cardboard, then bigger... cut and fit few dozen times... repeat with aluminum diamond plate.
Attached Images

Last edited by notsolo; 03-24-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: correction
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote