The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
danpomeroy

Question LS Swap questions

Hello All,

I am running late with my build but I am 2 paychecks away!!

I am going to be ordering an engine from Spaldings because I want very low miles and the selection here where I live sucks. I am currently thinking a 5.3 and a 4L60E. I can get pretty low miles, good gas mileage, and easy setup.

Anyhow, I have been doing some research and have a couple quick questions. First though I habe a '69 C10 2wd. It has a 350/350 in it now.

First question involves drive by wire. Should I get the pedal from Spaldings when I get the motor or is it better to order one from someplace else? Basically, is one better than the other.

Second, if I am using factory gauges, what do I need to get to make the speedo work?

Third, what would be the best header for that? I would love the cheapest ones possible, even factory if that would work.

Finally, for fuel I am going to keep the in cab tank (for now) so I am going to go with external fuel pump and corvette filter. Since it's 1 line to the engine, do I have to plug off the return line?

I apologize if these are "dumb" questions but I couldn't find definitive answers. If I missed it and there are other posts with the answers then please point me that direction. Also, if there is a decent guide out there I'd love to be pointed in that direction.

Thank you in advance for all the help I will need.
My build thread
danpomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote