The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
chevy72blu

How are you guys tackling accesories? (Factory air/PS 72')

Here I am with more questions (that tend to have expensive answers).

How are you guys dealing with components?

My plan is to take a complete 5.3 along with all accessories - Alt, PS pump, AC compressor and install it with the factory equipment as best as possible.

It seems like no one is having issues with the brackets/accessories clearing, so thats a good start.

My 72' is a factory air, factory P/S. Is there any faq or write up regarding connecting the new compressor from the 5.3 into the existing air setup? I pulled my evaporator/condenser a while ago along with the compressor but I still have all of the parts. Can these parts even be reused with the modern compressor, or do I need new stuff? Im sure the connections are different sizes/locations. Who should I talk to?

As for the P/S, same question. Do I just have a hose/hydraulic shop press new fittings and connect the pump to the steering box?

I converted my alternator to 1 wire a while back - I'm hoping this will be a straight plug and play.

Thank you! This subforum has been an incredible resource to wrap my head around this swap.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote