The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
Stevo427

What I did in a week spending no more then $150

Well my trucks old flat black was looking a little bad. (Due to body panels being changed, Bed shortening and various other things)The trucks 327 had a horrible oil pan/timing cover leak. Enough to drain the engine of its oil after 100 miles. I was going for just a daily driver good look. Not perfect. Since I was on a time constraint I think I did pretty good for just 5-7 days.
You can see what I mean in this picture.

Started sanding and some body work

Took the bed off( Painting it inside the garage was a mistake. Wasnt hot enough to paint so I have a lot of sanding to do.)

Started the first coat on the cab/door

Removed the front clip. Look how nasty it was under the hood. Was seriously embarrassed to show anyone.

Got the bed going. Looked good at first. But the 3rd or so coat didnt dry right and runned everywhere. I plan on doing it in the sun next time like the cab etc.

4th coat on the cab

Started the front clip

Started on the motor. Had to jack the engine out of the frame to slip the one piece oil pan gasket in.Cleaned it up a little to make it easier to work with.

Got it back together and begun to get it ready for paint

Got the front back together.(still neded some coats but was running low on time)

Plasti Dipped the ugly chrome bumper( Sanded it with some 36 grit then sprayed)

Still have to finish the hood. It needs a lot of work. So been driving hoodless but it's a million times better then what it was.

$150 and a week of free time off work can do a lot.
Oh and by the way. I used a roller to apply the satin black. Pretty damn good huh
Stevo427 is offline   Reply With Quote