The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
S10Fan
Old Heap Driver

Re: Any rat rod versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
I agree that the rat rod is way overused and i am one who has done this but when i said in this thread i used it pretty loosely, but even tho your truck is not a rat rod it doesn't take away from the fact that its a sick truck which is what i was getting at. as for everyone else Rats are not meant to be pretty and all dolled up, its mean to run good and cheap homebuilt with what you have and personally i think the world could have done without boyd lol i was just hoping someone had done a rat of a square even tho it is probably to late of a body style.
No offense taken, not even a little bit. I took your comments as a compliment.

I like the Rat Rods, they draw a crowd everywhere they go. A lot of folks refer to my 50 as a Rat, I thank them for the attention and move along. I'll post a picture tomorrow, I need a new one anyway.

A good friend of mine has a 31 Ford coupe (Rat Rod), the car has been driven from the ocean front in Va Beach to the ocean front in LA and back with no issues what so ever. The car looks like a pile of junk but believe me, it's safe and solid as a rock. He has tens of thousands of miles on it to prove it.

'99 Silverado 1500, 4.3, 5-speed, reg cab, short bed
'50 Chevy 2DR Hard Top, 350/350, M2 Front End, 3:08 gear, cruiser.
'40 F**d Sedan, all Chevy power, Heidt's front end, TCI rear, nice driver.
S10Fan is offline   Reply With Quote