The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
el_bole

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Great work Gents(and ladies if any),

Finally Finally solved my tahoe rear end and '73 brake lines issue....

Went through about four different companies with no avail to get the main brake line from the 99' Tahoe to "marry" up to the 73's brake line...

Finally someone at one of said companies recommended I go to a Local shop here in San Diego and the Gates of Heaven Opened up LOL.....

For the first time I didnt see a head being scratched or someone saying; "my computer tells me we dont have such a part" ARGH! Nope this old school pro probably with a ton of know how and experience says..."No big deal Ill have it done in two days"......I was shocked, elated, jumping up and down for Joy...ok the last part didnt happen.

These masters of the Arts of mechanic and custom are a dying breed I hope some of the young guys soak up as much knowledge from these types of folks as possible...

Pics attached of the Master piece that married together GM of 1973 and GM of 1999.....Oh and I mocked up a mid eighties camaro steering column on my 61 cab....Ill be searching on Forum to see how some of you mounted later model columns to 60-66 cabs....(ANY INFO would be appreiciate)

Keep up the great work and progress!!!!

el_bole
Attached Images