The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I can't picture what you're talking about. Don't you just connect a vacuum hose from the large center edelbrock port to the brake booster port. If this is the case, there isn't a fitting that you need, or clamps for that matter. ??? I can't remember how mine was connected off the top of my head right now. I haven't had vacuum boosters on my vehicles for a while now. I think my GTO had it from the center carb port though.

This makes me think your vacuum is from your intake manifold and not the carb. Is this right? If so, then there are vacuum ports in the edelbrock intake that you can just buy a fitting from the local hardware store (ACE or TrueValue type store usually has it...Bigger box stores may not). They're usually cheaper than the autoparts stores too. I believe the edelbrock is 1/8" NPT. You'll want to verify to make sure.

I'll look on my photobucket see if I have a picture but if not I'll take a picture tonight for you. On the q-jet there was a how they described it in the video was a vacuum port for power brakes in which i have.

About vacuum ports I do have some on my intake manifold actually on top of my thermostat are my other vacuum ports I know one is for me to bypass the original air equipment so I could have the headers and another is supposed to be a transmission vacuum does that sound right? And then the PCV valve too.

Awesome I found a picture! when you look at the picture duane in the right lower corner you'll see a bolt sticking out that's what the brake boosters line was connected to. I tried and tried to get it off it just wasn't budging at all maybe I'll give it a go at it tonight, I could always use my impact gun I suppose? Here's the picture though.

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote