The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
Ta2Don

Re: Donz '65 SWB Stepper Budget Build...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post

Case in point, one night my wife went out with the girls.
When she came home I was like: "Well that was a short night, the girls poop out on you, or did you poop out on them?"
She replied, "Honey, it's 1 am...."
Sounds like me… jobbin' along and next thing ya know, wife is bringing me a pillow and blanket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
like the scooped hood. i would like to see the rear view if you've got a shot. and don't worry about the body work, with your talent, that fillin', sandin' primein' business will soon be easy.

stay after it my friend... looking good.
Thanks Clem! I'll see if I can get a rear view posted for ya this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
Hood is lookin' good. Just keep at it. I sold a dash bezel to a guy a couple weeks ago who mentioned he was going to looking at a double-scoop cowl hood like yours for his '95 C-1500.

I'm a big fan of the OBS ('88-98) body style myself. Had a '93 short/step as my first vehicle, & owned it for a little over 9 years. Just got into a fullsize again ('97 2dr/2wd Tahoe) in January of this year.
My '90 model came to me via a trade for a '71 Super Beetle that I had a grand total of $50 in… The kid traded me the Silverado straight across, he drove it to my place shifting sans clutch. I pulled the pushrod, had it welded back together and bled the clutch and started driving it!
Apparently he bent and broke the clutch pedal pushrod after replacing the Master & Slave Cylinders… For a year or so I scratched my head as to how the pushrod was broken... Then the "used" master cylinder he put on gave up the ghost.
I replaced the part and during the bleed process the rod, from the slave cyl to the clutch fork, slipped off and locked up against the bell housing. This caused the Clutch pedal to lock up... After diagnosing the problem the proverbial Light Bulb lit up… That's when I realized, when that happened to the PO, he muscled it until the pushrod bent and broke…
Proverbs 27:17
US Air Force Retarded errr Retired
My '65 Stepper Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533920
My '60 Rusty Patina Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...66#post7402266
My '72 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post7204359 SOLD
Ta2Don is offline   Reply With Quote