The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Theoriginalsilverado

Lightbulb Longbed-Shortbed Conversion

I'm sure you've noticed the popularity of short beds v.s. long beds. I myself own a longbed, and I love it. But I must admit, I wouldn't mind having a short bed. The beautiful thing about short beds are they're easy to make look good, and they look really good dropped. Long beds can look just as good if not better than short beds, but you have to get it right. Restoring a short bed is not easier, but you're more likely to end up with something everyone loves.

And that leads me to my question. Has anybody modified their longbed into a short bed? And if so, how'd it go?

It turns out it's not only possible, but appearingly easy. LMC Truck paired up with the T.V show "Gearz", to give you an illustration of how one might do this.

The process was pretty simple:
1- Remove the bed
2- Measure and cut a section from the chassis
3-Fit together and weld the chassis back together
4-Install a short bed

The whole process can be watched on YouTube, and the first video can be found here, @https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9zy08qsahk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

**The rest of the show can be watched in separate videos on the suggestions below the video

So, take a look at the video, and tell me what you think! I would love to hear any stories!