The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
Ironhorse

16.5 x 8 - 6 Lug Wheels w/Clips ?

Helping a friend of mine today who runs an auction service. Prepping for a sale in April of an old repair shop that has been in operation since the early '30s. Seen some really cool stuff I've never seen before. One item I seen was a gas engine operated 1/2" drill. NEVER have seen one of those.

Anyways, upstairs in the dimly lit attic I found what appeared to be 16.5 x 8 or 8.25 6 lug wheels with clips for center hubcaps. So far have only found two but still digging for items so may be more scattered about. Anyone have an idea what they might fit or when they were used. Really not very good lighting upstairs and not sure on the 8 or 8.25 but definetly were 16.5 and 6 lug with clips. Are all 6 lug wheel patterns the same for fit? Not sure of the center hub hole size, no tape measure with me.

Would not work on my truck as it is a 4x4 with locking hubs but might be some good trading material if I could figure out what they were and what they came off of. Any idea on value with out pics? Seem to be in very good shape with minimal rust, just dusty and dirty from storage. Will try to get pics next time I go help him again.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote