The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #30
Kaysen

Re: Is this truck worth it?

It all boils down to if YOU want it for the price. I can only speak from my personal experience, but I looked for months to find the exact truck that I wanted (and I had a pretty lengthy list of must haves). When I found it I knew that for the quality (its a solid #8.5-9) of a truck that I was buying I couldn't buy a #5 and bring it to where mine is for the difference in initial purchase cost. I probably paid more than most might have (doesn't matter to me though because I got what I wanted) but I will say that this is the first square I've ever had that was a turn key driver and I absolutely love it! Granted there is satisfaction in building one yourself (and I am changing a few things here and there) but it sure is nice to just hop in and enjoy driving it.

With that being said. I feel that if the truck is a solid rust free truck and is as nice as it is described, regardless of the engine mishap (which COULD be an honest mistake) I would grab it if its what you want.
Kaysen is offline   Reply With Quote