The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
texasld

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Thanks guys~!

The exhaust in that location is give and take. If you position the tips long engough and with enough angle, the force of the exhaust blows MOSTLY past the fender. However, when i shortened the tips up a little, I did notice some discoloration on the paint. Nothing permanent, just obviously dirtier when you wash it.
However, if your running real rich or cold starting, AND have short exhaust tips, AND didn't wash it often, I'm sure you could stain the paint in some way...kinda like cigarettes on teeth.

The other things to keep in mind are; that style exhaust runs OUTSIDE the fender, has NO crossover, and is limited to bullet mufflers. You can use a similar exit without using the entire style of exhaust, but the "J-Turn" to get the exhaust through the side is tricky.....the actual layout of things results in some tighter bends than are ideal. When I re-do it in mandrel, we are trying to take some of the sharp turns out of the path. Also, it drones a LOT on the hwy.
Do you think it drones a lot because is bouncing off the rear fender. I'm going fleet side. Wondering if it will cause a problem. The heat has no effect to the paint so far?
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote