The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Bomber78

New Rims & Tires Amoung Several Things

So, I got the truck about a month & half ago and before I could really take it out and drive it I knew I needed to change the tires. The tires on the truck were pretty much new (looking) BF Goodrich T/A's all the way around, but they were thirty plus years old and frankly unsafe. After driving the truck on just a few short trips the two front tires developed bulges in the tread some 4 inches long and three inches wide. So I had to order new rubber and decided to update the wheels from the late 70's era that were on the truck. I selected Torq Thrust II's, but with the PVD Black finish. Front tires: 275/60/15 & rears: 295/50/15. I've also had time to wax the truck and I added a blue accent color to the chrome trim to tie into the interior color. I'm also considering a lowering kit; probably a 3/4 as well, but I'm torn on doing it or not.....Opinions??
Attached Images

78 Scottsdale - SWB
One Owner C10 Until June 2014
Bomber78 is offline   Reply With Quote