The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
esbstuff

Winter Project... Shop Build Tread

Since I am just about done with it, it is time to post some pictures. (Are you ever done with a shop???)

I actually started the shop in 1995 with the initial fill. 25 loads of fill dirt and 5 load of rock gave me a nice flat spot. However I wanted to make sure that the fill had plenty of time to settle so it sat for a few years... Then life happened... 2 change in jobs and getting married all postponed the project. I originally was going to build a 30x40x12, but that ultimately became a 40x60x14.

I for sure wanted a drive-thru bay. This allows me to pull into the front and out of the back with a trailer, no problems. Of course I needed storage and lots of it. A workbench area is a requirement along with at least a half bath. And since we are building, a nice office space would be cool too. Finally, lots and lots of concrete.

Some of what I have done is overkill. Some of the things I have done are totally not needed except for piece of mind of the builder, me. All I tell every one is I only get to build one shop, so I am building it my way.

Well in Sept of 2014 I finally snagged my fathers backhoe and the digging began. Followed by the concrete guy and a lot of wall.
Attached Images

esbstuff is offline   Reply With Quote