The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #10
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
nice work, OMG I can't tell you how annoying drilling holes are. Just did some today and yah just getting one all the way through took forever, then the unibits make quick work of it. I buy the hobo freight ones when they come on sale, I must say they work great esp for the price. I'v been meaning to buy a hammer drill but like most things I need I haven't gotten yet. I want to also try plasmaing a hole then drilling that out, gotta wait for new cups to come for my plasma, so haven't even tried that trick yet.
99, I sure missed my uni-bits and didn't mess around long before driving the 10 miles to town to get another one. Those holes for the transmission mount took like 2 hours to drill with a regular bit. It was awkward with the angle drill head just sneaking under the top frame flange.

I haven't tried the plasma to make a hole. Being accurate with it is a bit challenging for me just on a line. I saw where your cup and tip burned up or just fell apart. That is a bummer.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote