The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
ebaby35

1962 C10 Crossmember swap

This will be my first ever build and have never really worked on a car so knowledge and skills suck but im trying to learn as much as possible. I recently bought a 1962 c10 for about $300 with no motor or tran. The car seems to be in ok shape and has certain cab areas with rust that will need fixing. I want this to be a solid truck with mean power. My friend will be helping me with this who has a lot more experience with cars. Right now I am planning to start off with the frame and go from their. I want to have disc brakes and bags in the front. I have been reading about swapping out the front suspension with later models that you bolt on. Are there detail steps in doing this? Someone on here did this with a 87' suburban and said worked out. Before I go to junk yard just wanted to see or ask if there was anything specific to look out for or to get from the donor car and if it just need to be a complete crossmember or anything else with it. Last thing what is an fair price on a complete crossmember.
ebaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote