The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
ostie82

Help identifying, please!

Hello all,
I’m new to the forum and need a little help. I’ve been trying to buy a particular 1964 Chevy K10 for 10-15 years and finally have verbally purchased it over the phone. However, when I went to look at it, the VIN starts with “2C”. That should be sufficient enough to convince me that it isn’t a factory 4wd, but a couple of things don’t add up for me. 1) the truck has “knee-knickers”, which thought ended in 1963; 2) I’ve read that the VIN tag should be located on the driver’s side B pillar on a ‘64, but this one is located on the A-pillar, where it should be for a ‘60-63; 3) I know this one could easily be faked, but it has an original-looking 4wd operation sticker on the roof; 4) the body appears to fit the frame very well. If it is a conversion, it appears to have been well-done back in the day. My uncle owned the truck around 25 years ago and he was told it was an original 4wd when he bought it. Is there any additional ways to identity if it was originally a 4wd? I’m curious if the VIN tag was replaced. Also, the VIN on the from driver’s side frame rail is very hard to make out, but doesn’t appear to match the VIN in the door. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ostie82; 06-15-2018 at 09:52 PM.
ostie82 is offline   Reply With Quote