The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
daveshilling

Frame mounted Dual chamber Master cylinder for Drum/Drum..who's done it? Who likes it

So I have a new 56 Chevy daily driver that I'm working on getting road-worthy. Nothing worth a build thread, it just needs brakes and fussing with a few bits here and there so I can get groceries/2x4's/fart around town.

I read somewhere to use a late 60's Impala drum/drum MC to update the old single pot MC in these trucks to dual, but I haven't seen this done on the frame.

I read somewhere else to get a disc/drum setup and then run a 10# pressure doodad inline if you have drum/drum, which is appealing if I ever decided to go disc.

My efforts to search the forum for this have been less than fruitful.

Has anyone replaced their frame-mounted MC with drum/drum to a more modern mc, kept manual brakes, and kept everything on the frame?

Additionally, if the frame mount drum/drum MC proves too costly/irritating, I've also been tossing around a DIY front disc setup after watching a guy on YouTube add disc to his 6 lug for under $200 including new calipers and rotors using late 70's blazer 4x4 parts. Then snag a junkyard booster for the firewall, but which one.... and has anyone done the 6 lug Blaze discs here? I don't want to throw too much $ at a straight axle.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote