The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
67chevy1series

Re: the honda killer

Well everybody thinks it's me that crashed and that it was my truck..... There tumors that he was trying to drift, that he was trying to avoid another car, another that he was trying to show off, and another that the guy in the Honda died, and that he was just hauling azz... Man kids these days make up to many stories, they need to go to the people that actually seen it and then tell that story.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknbarrels View Post
I'm confused, is this an ongoing build or project truck?
Nope, not confused at all. It is not an ongoing build; but ya never know, it may become one if the OP wishes.

I, when I first read this, followed the reported post link. I THOUGHT it was in the 67-72 message area, which would indeed be the proper place. It does not however belong in General, as that is for all off topic discussion, and this is indeed truck related... and even year specific at that!

I do not see a report anywhere from you about it being misplaced etc. In the future, if you see an issue, please report it and let us know. At the same time, please try not to hijack folks threads either.

Thanks !
Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
72GMCK-2500

Man... alls 1972hays wanted to do is post a story and a few pics of his accident, not start a war!! Geez people are sooo touchy these days
1988 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 Ex cop car, 350, 700r4.
1997 Ford F-350 4x4 XLT (The Hauler) 7.3 diesel.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
77shortstep

sucks to be him
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #30
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

As this story has a happy ending....in as much as no one was hurt, I am therefore glad to say it's great to see U.S Steel on top of Japanese tin, and that your beautiful Truck has barley a scratch.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
lil hoodlum

After having a big "Hulk-like" truck nearly plow him over, I wonder what the owner of the Hond@ will be driving next!

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. Cars can be replaced easier than human body parts.

Keith
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #32
72GMCK-2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
As this story has a happy ending....in as much as no one was hurt, I am therefore glad to say it's great to see U.S Steel on top of Japanese tin, and that your beautiful Truck has barley a scratch.
HAHAHAHA Agreed!!
RUST NEVER SLEEPS
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
sir_talk_alot

I saw the title of the thread and instantly thought oh boy a truck that terrorizes rice burners, but seeing the pics, dang glad you arent hurt. That honda got it.
Posted via Mobile Device

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
Old 03-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #34
black_sheep454

The worst part of it is that the Honda was probably built from old parts of our trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
1988 chevy 1-ton crew cab 2wd waiting for a 12v cummins
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
MVHandy

i was in the turn lain to go right and proceeded and lost traction and fish tailed and i have done this before and saved it but this time it did not happen lol i hit the breaks to hard nice one :/ so i kept on sliding over the divider and found a honda under me

So, is it just me that finds it a little offputting? Some knucklehead with his truck jacked way above what is safe manages to lose control (and not for the first time) slides over a divider and misses killing another drive by inches and you guys feel it's just a big laugh? Just glad this truck is not in my town.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #36
Rob H.

To the OP, I'm glad you and the other driver are ok, I'm also glad to see your truck wasn't damaged too badly. I'm not surprised at the damage that was done to the Honda. Also I don't believe the truck is too tall at all.

To those that think that it being a lifted 4x4 is a bad thing, just imagine if it had been a 2wd version of our trucks, instead of sitting on top the Honda, most likely the car would have been smashed even worse and the air bag would definately have went off and the driver of the Honda, would most likely have been injured. I used to work for a towing company, so I've seen a few wrecked vehicles. The guy in the Honda is lucky the OP was in a lifted truck!
1952 Super "A" Farmall (Grandfather's)
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #37
Hubscrub
Cruzin

glad all is ok, also glad the truck is too (mostly). These new cars are build like ramps anyways, stuff happens thats just the way it is but nobody was hurt so its good.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #38
72GMCK-2500

I think these little jap cars are too low. Our trucks arent too high its just the little ricers are to compact and low, its not our fault!
RUST NEVER SLEEPS
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #39
LEEVON

Yeah, sorry I know you're just showing what happened to your truck BUT if that was my wife and kids under your truck because you "fishtailed" meaning you lost control of a 2.5 ton weapon there would be a big problem between the two of us...

I don't know maybe I'm old fashioned, but at the very least I wouldn't admit to something like this on the internet?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
KrazyRay

Well, it looks like the Hondacar is now a Honda 3 wheeler. Hit the other side and you will have a Honda generator
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #41
1972hays

Cool Re: the honda killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Nope, not confused at all. It is not an ongoing build; but ya never know, it may become one if the OP wishes.

I, when I first read this, followed the reported post link. I THOUGHT it was in the 67-72 message area, which would indeed be the proper place. It does not however belong in General, as that is for all off topic discussion, and this is indeed truck related... and even year specific at that!

I do not see a report anywhere from you about it being misplaced etc. In the future, if you see an issue, please report it and let us know. At the same time, please try not to hijack folks threads either.

Thanks !
thank you
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #42
sbc10guy

Glad to see you were both ok. This is the one thing that worries me now with going from my nice big gmc to a little geo metro. You just cant beat the milage though.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #43
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVHandy View Post
i was in the turn lain to go right and proceeded and lost traction and fish tailed and i have done this before and saved it but this time it did not happen lol i hit the breaks to hard nice one :/ so i kept on sliding over the divider and found a honda under me

So, is it just me
that finds it a little offputting? Some knucklehead with his truck jacked way above what is safe manages to lose control (and not for the first time) slides over a divider and misses killing another drive by inches and you guys feel it's just a big laugh? Just glad this truck is not in my town.
Nope, it's not just you -- though I would not agree that his truck is "jacked way above what is safe".

I probably shouldn't say any more....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #44
1972hays

[QUOTE=MVHandy;5223654]i was in the turn lain to go right and proceeded and lost traction and fish tailed and i have done this before and saved it but this time it did not happen lol i hit the breaks to hard nice one :/ so i kept on sliding over the divider and found a honda under me

So, is it just me that finds it a little offputting? Some knucklehead with his truck jacked way above what is safe manages to lose control (and not for the first time) slides over a divider and misses killing another drive by inches and you guys feel it's just a big laugh? Just glad this truck is not in my town.[/QOUTE]

well MR. Handy,

i am more of an american autmobile man. i dont really like foreign cars from asia. that is why i may give a laugh or two about "killing" a honda. i dont think killing another man is funny just because he was driving a honda at all, taking anyones life in any way is not a joke if you dont think i feel this way then im sorry, hope this clarifies then. i have purposely fishtailed in my truck to get expeirience, also a sheriff told me that i should go practice fishtailing so when i get into a harry situation i can correct myself and not crash. well apparently i didnt practice enough. ( lol sorry if my humor offends you) well when my truck fishtailed on the rainy assphault ( it had just rained really good about and 1hr beofre we got out of school) so the roads a little slick. im not sure if you have a positraction axle or not but if you dont then let me just let you in a on a little secret, they dont like to got around turns without braking a couple times and they dont like to keep traction when the ground is wet. So posi+wet ground+ fish tail = a honda getting totaled. yes i may have over corected myself when i fishtailed but at least i didnt panic and slam on the gas i tried to stay semi calm ( havng a lifted truck isnt fun when it sway in the wind) so i tried to fix it like i usually do, but i couldnt do it she finally got traction when i was facing the other lane and she went to the honda. thats th story, i wasnt going fast, im not happy or glad that i got within a foot of a mans life with my bumper. i do not find death a joke of anywhere near funny. sorry i keep repeating myself, but i just want you to get the picture that im not a young teen that just drives reckless and doesnt give a care about my truck or any other drivers around me. its just sad to think that another fellow chevy owner as yourself doesnt understand, but hopefully this ridiculously long post helps. have a good day.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #45
sir_talk_alot

Mvhandy- name calling isnt needed, the truck has a 4 in lift, thats nothing, new 4x4s, like the dodge power wagon sit just as high as his truck. I have a '01 ram sitting stock with all terrains giving it just a taller(barely) than stock stance, my friends little nissan parked nose to nose, if i hit him, my truck would do the same as this truck. Ron h im in agreement with you. And also to touch on another point, this forum is for those who love our trucks to show what we do, our mods, our problems, good or bad we share with each other. this is a family, not a place to be a troll. If the op wanted to show pics of the unfortunate situation he got into, as long as he doesnt go against rules he can do what he wants. Ive made driving mistakes driving to, doesnt mean we need to get on the one great site he comes to, that he spends time learning, talking and having fun on and bash him for what happened and what we'd do if we were in the hondas shoes, cuz we werent,crap happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #46
doubleb's69

This is a truck forum that I paid to be part of so I could share in the interests of guys and gals that like trucks, if I wanted drama I would go out to the living room and watch one of my wifes shows with her. This is supposed to be a getaway where people can share their stories and have a little fun, not get a lecture from every person that doesn't like what they read. So Hays truck got away from him but that doesn't mean that he can't drive. I owned a Dakota R/T that was completly stock with good tires and it would get sideways all the time if the pavement was wet. I'm not talking for 1972hays, this is my opinion. There have been alot of negative people on the forum lately and it sucks.
Sorry to hijack and the rant is over.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #47
webfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972hays View Post
also a sheriff told me that i should go practice fishtailing so when i get into a harry situation i can correct myself and not crash.
You spose maybe he meant... .Naah, never mind.

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #48
Sequoyah
so easy a caveman can do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
Yeah, sorry I know you're just showing what happened to your truck BUT if that was my wife and kids under your truck because you "fishtailed" meaning you lost control of a 2.5 ton weapon there would be a big problem between the two of us...

I don't know maybe I'm old fashioned, but at the very least I wouldn't admit to something like this on the internet?
Quoted for truth.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242380
Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #49
JKady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVHandy View Post

So, is it just me that finds it a little offputting? Some knucklehead with his truck jacked way above what is safe manages to lose control (and not for the first time) slides over a divider and misses killing another drive by inches and you guys feel it's just a big laugh? Just glad this truck is not in my town.
While I agree that the fact someone was being a goob and totalled someone else's car is far from funny, jacked way above safe I don't. There ARE bumper height laws in almost every state in the union, and a C10 with a 4" lift is well within all but the most strict. He wasn't "inches from killing someone" in that wreck, the A and B pillar in that honduh would have slid the car sideways, not folded like tin foil as you seem to think. I've seen those cars post barrel roll and the passenger compartment is intact aside from glass. It takes one hell of a hit to fold a modern uni-body up, the kind of hit that causes injury based on G-forces alone.

As far as making more laws so we can bubble wrap every corner of the world and protect everyone from everything... I'm not even going to start, neither the time nor the venue for me to voice my political views.

At the end of the day, nobody got hurt, just some metal got bent. Metal can be replaced, a human life can't.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #50
1972hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleb's69 View Post
This is a truck forum that I paid to be part of so I could share in the interests of guys and gals that like trucks, if I wanted drama I would go out to the living room and watch one of my wifes shows with her. This is supposed to be a getaway where people can share their stories and have a little fun, not get a lecture from every person that doesn't like what they read. So Hays truck got away from him but that doesn't mean that he can't drive. I owned a Dakota R/T that was completly stock with good tires and it would get sideways all the time if the pavement was wet. I'm not talking for 1972hays, this is my opinion. There have been alot of negative people on the forum lately and it sucks.
Sorry to hijack and the rant is over.
no it's ok i second that motion