The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #51
Sheetaki

Re: Front suspension parts, side saddle tanks, headers, an engine?

The quote I can get right now for residential is $185 for 4-6 days. This is not including a lift-gate fee, but I'm going to assume you can cut the straps and unloading will take less time than using the lift-gate would.

On the other hand, if there's any commercial address you could go to in that zip, it'd be 2 days for $121. I'm not familiar with that area though.
Sheetaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #52
burnitg

I will pay the $185 for residential delivery. The nearest commercial address is at least 1 hour's drive from my home. That would make the total $285. Correct?
burnitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #53
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheetaki View Post
Ok, I'll take you up on that. You seem to really want it, and my truck is very far from a restoration. Do you want all the belts or just the middle? What's your shipping zip?

Let me call UPS tomorrow and see how I can do this first. The quote is just for a package that size, not a used fuel tank. There may be issues with shipping these...... I want to get rid of these, but I want to make sure I can do it with no problems before taking your money.

Also I've added an OEM fan shroud for a V8 motor. In good shape, no cracks, not brittle either.
I am interested in the fan shroud if it fits a 68 that started life as a 6 cyl truck,now has a sbc v/8 with electric fans setup, not sure of the # of cores & I'll need to do some measurements. Can you give me the stats on it and post them or PM me back. ? how much & shipping would go to 92284, thanks mjgord51
mjgord51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #54
Sheetaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
I am interested in the fan shroud if it fits a 68 that started life as a 6 cyl truck,now has a sbc v/8 with electric fans setup, not sure of the # of cores & I'll need to do some measurements. Can you give me the stats on it and post them or PM me back. ? how much & shipping would go to 92284, thanks mjgord51
So you need a shroud for the electric fans? Or are you converting back to a mechanical fan? I can get you some measurements later today, but I don't think it'll work for electrical fans, especially if it is indeed fans and not a fan.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #55
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Quote:
So you need a shroud for the electric fans? Or are you converting back to a mechanical fan? I can get you some measurements later today, but I don't think it'll work for electrical fans, especially if it is indeed fans and not a fan.
I " "dont" " want the electric fans setup, its not stock looking for this year of truck. I will sell the electric fans setup later down the road, just would like the stock look. I am not the person that installed the elect. fans, I am just trying to get the truck back towards stock. thanks, Marvin aka mjgord51
Old 07-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #56
Sheetaki

The issue I think you'll run into is how the v8 swap was done. The 6-cyl mount points were farther back than the V-8 ones, so there's a lot more distance between the radiator and the water pump. So if the V8 is on the I6 mounts, the fan won't be in the fan shroud as it should. I'll get you some measurements on my lunch though.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #57
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Quote:
The issue I think you'll run into is how the v8 swap was done. The 6-cyl mount points were farther back than the V-8 ones, so there's a lot more distance between the radiator and the water pump. So if the V8 is on the I6 mounts, the fan won't be in the fan shroud as it should. I'll get you some measurements on my lunch though.
I was told from here (67-72) that if there is no room from the dist. to the firewall then the I6 mounting is being used,** thats not the case I have almost 2"" there.** My dist. is an Accel HEI with a super coil #140003. My eng. is a 305 5.0 L ( V0721AKA) block stamped #'s these i have not found any where yet to confirm, the back of the block I can't see for the casting numbers, year unknown. So the eng. is a typical SBC eng.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #58
70/JJ

didn't really see any thing but do you still have the headers if so how much u asking for them?
70/JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #59
Sheetaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgord51 View Post
I was told from here (67-72) that if there is no room from the dist. to the firewall then the I6 mounting is being used,** thats not the case I have almost 2"" there.** My dist. is an Accel HEI with a super coil #140003. My eng. is a 305 5.0 L ( V0721AKA) block stamped #'s these i have not found any where yet to confirm, the back of the block I can't see for the casting numbers, year unknown. So the eng. is a typical SBC eng.
Alright then it could work for you. If you've got that much room with an HEI you're probably fine. I'll get you some measurements later today (I know I said that yesterday) and a shipping quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70/JJ View Post
didn't really see any thing but do you still have the headers if so how much u asking for them?
Headers are sold, rams horns are still available though. I wish I could edit the pictures in the OP. It might be time for a new thread.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #60
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Quote:
Alright then it could work for you. If you've got that much room with an HEI you're probably fine. I'll get you some measurements later today (I know I said that yesterday) and a shipping quote.

Headers are sold, rams horns are still available though. I wish I could edit the pictures in the OP. It might be time for a new thread.
Thanks I'll be on the side line for now (fan shroud) mjgord51
Old 07-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #61
mjgord51
Account Suspended

Is the fan shroud for a AC or a NON AC truck, I'am not sure about the difference in each one so I hope you do! Here is some measurements
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #62
mjgord51
Account Suspended

I am going to withdraw from this, reason Not getting answers fast enough