The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
ACES
Life is a gamble

Windshield Wiper Motor

I know that about every month or so someone posts about their problems with thier windshield wiper motor. I've searched, but can't find the answer to my problem.

I have a 1970 CST. I have taken off the 3 bolts that hold the motor to the firewall from the inside ( just above the gas pedal). After removing that I found that it was also connected to the windshield wipers. I removed the cowl and took off the nut that looked like it was holding the shaft to the wipers. To my dismay, the shaft still won't come loose from the wipers.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about. I don't know the correct name for some of these parts.

Is there a way to remove windshield washer motor from the inside.

My original problem was that I'm not getting any wiper fluid on the windshield when I push the button down. No noise nothin. The wipers work fine (at least before I did this)

-Art

The torpid artist seeks inspiration at any cost, by virtue or by vice, by friend or by fiend, by prayer or by wine.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by ACES; 11-16-2004 at 06:38 PM.
ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
JimKshortstep4x4

Smile

The washer motor comes off fairly easy. Remove the two small screws unplug the wiring, hoses and lift it off.

Jim
JimKshortstep4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Your best bet is to re-install what you've taken apart, and get the little generic electric pump found at all the parts stores. They are WAY more dependable, and spray better too.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Yup...like the Longhorn man said...been doing it for years. It only sprays when you push the button, sprays harder and easy to check/replace the little motor/pump.
I just changed the wiper motor on my swb...do not want to do that if not really necessary Had the cowl off, dash out and column loose...after that it's a piece of cake not!