The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
mblackburnjr
collector of vintage rust

Question Door question

I found a few 60 series trucks and was wondering if the doors are compatible with the 10-30's. They look the same,and they appear cherry w/o any speakers holes or lower rust. Is anything else (body-wise) compatible?
mblackburnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
LT4XTREME

The only real difference I've found with the dump truck (c-50 c-60) doors is that the front lower corner is not square they cut off at a angle to clear the large wheelwell arch ofthe front fenders. If you look inside of your stock doors I think there is a line where this cut would be. Other than the huge mirrors and all the bolt holes that go with them that all I've seen. Now if the doors are that nice it would be easier to add that small triangular piece back on that to fix some rusted dented pickup doors. A neighbor of mine built a 69 or 70 using the entire dump truck cab he added the corner back on the doors and added the front of the rocker panel that was missing. It turned out really good and he had a small back window and factory cab lights. The floor board and firewall is shaped differently but since these big truck sit so high the running boards (steps) get most of the road salt rust and some times the cab corners and rocker are perfect.
LT4XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote