The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
obsesive23
Who me?

Got lojack?

Does anybody have a lojack system? I'm interested in getting one just curious if any one knows of any problems with it. Any other good anti-theft systems? I'm not a big fan of alarms most of the time they go off and nobody pays any attention to it. But I'm open to any suggestions.

72 2WD Blazer, under going porter built surgery
67 GT Mustang fastback
67 Mustang coupe C/S clone
64 Falcon sprint hardtop
obsesive23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
obsesive23
Who me?

ttt

72 2WD Blazer, under going porter built surgery
67 GT Mustang fastback
67 Mustang coupe C/S clone
64 Falcon sprint hardtop
obsesive23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
FirstGen
Just Don't Stop!

be courious in this also. I think this is something we should all look into being how easy it is to steal one of these trucks... seen it too often!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #4
gonebad2
Merciless Butcher

The dealer installed it on my 03 2500 HD. I have had no problems with it. If it ever gets stolen, I'll see how well it works.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:57 PM   #5
GreyHoundSteve

I use to sell cars and we offered lojack to everyone but few opted for it. You have to pay a monthly fee for the service and if i remember correctly its around $20 a month. It is in NO WAY an alarm system or antitheft device. It is simply a tracking system so that if your car is stolen you can call the # and have the police locate it. The problem is .... you go home, go to bed and in the morning you call the # and you find your frame with the lojack on it stripped. I think the new "onstar" has the same service so lojack is probably on its outs.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:35 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Talking

WHEN I HAD MY 87 FORMULA WITH THE 12K SYSTEM IN IT, I USED TO
COMPETE IN IASCA AND USAC, I HAD 4 SIRENS :p , STARTER KILL, AND A
STROBE UNDER MINE, ATTRACTED WAY MORE ATTN. THAN A STD. ALARM

*YEAR WAS 1992, 12K IN A SYSTEM IS REALLY NOTHING NOW.
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T

Last edited by LUV2XCLR8; 11-21-2004 at 06:37 PM.
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:17 PM   #7
4x4Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstGen
be courious in this also. I think this is something we should all look into being how easy it is to steal one of these trucks... seen it too often!
Just in case this thread's readers missed my post on "damned thieves," I'll quote the theft portion of my post:

"Use an alarm that only goes audible when the hood/doors open. Less loud false alarms. A customizeable alarm that says "Thief! Thief!" works much better than a siren. People ignore the irritating sirens, nowadays. Try one of the remote notification systems so when you're in "walmart," you'll be notified of tampering. You can then tie many oversensitive sensors (ultrasound, etc) to just the remote, since these sensors won't make the alarm go audible until the hood/door sensors are tripped. Unfortunately, I can't recommend which units, if any, will reach that far thru buildings. Still, good for home use.

Chain the hood down to prevent disablement.

Remote starter solenoids disallow alarm disablement by overloading the battery from the starter's +cable.

And a kill switch & tracking systems (lojack, etc) work great for the truck itself.

Finally, you could replace the vent windows with unbreakable Speedglass. Send Percy's an example/template, and they'll cut in reg or tinted. OTH, then thieves might take out the main window glass. More noise that way, though. Still, I'd love to see a thief trying to break a lexan vent window and then see him "

I like LUV2XCLR8's suggestion for a strobe light. And tracking systems/lojack won't help with a chop shop that's faster than your ability to report the theft, but it does help when you know right away that your truck has been stolen and they help with joyriders or those who steal the truck to keep or sell whole.