The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #26
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I just got the guage pannel for the 69 cleaned up just need to get out in the icy weather for the insatll sure is times like this when I wish I had a shop...
Attached Images

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:26 PM   #27
spencra
This, is my BOOMSTICK!

I just got mine running about a week and a half ago. The first time in probably over three years. It's the first time that I had heard her running. This past week I dropped the tranny pan, replaced screen, gasket and fluid. Changed the oil filter cartridge and oil of course. New starter, battery, and wires. I may get a tune up in before the weather really starts to get nasty up here.
When that happens it's time to hibernate until the spring. Then the real fun begins with the body work. I can't wait

Got rid of my projects for now.
1980 Jeep CJ7
1998 Nissan Sentra (my car)
2001 Toyota Sienna (wife's, of course)
spencra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:53 PM   #28
slogo

Got the engine in and running put on a couple wheels the see which i like best. hung the front clip, but it come's back off for paint. need to hang the booster and column so i can take it around the block.
slogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:37 PM   #29
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Slogo that blazer is gonna be hella nice.... I got the interior finished and everything back together... Been one of the best weekeneds for working on my truck that I have had in a long time.. Cant wait till x-mas vacation 2 weeks off should be able to get a lot done if there's no snow around.
Attached Images

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #30
Wootdog

Correct Radiator.

Installed the correct radiator (1993) LT1. And of course there was a hole in the uper right side of the radiator that no one, IE four different auto parts houses didn't know what went in there. Even the local Chevy dealership. Went to a Chevy dealership a few miles away, and they had the right part, A antifreeze low indicator sensor. Fifty two bucks. Bought and installed the hoses. Hooked up the new tachometer I bought from Mother Truckers. (Direct replacement).Thanks Mother truckers. Hooked up the new Cable X Box, (For the electronic pulses out of the 4L60E to mate to the mechanical speedometer. Didn't work due to the connector on the tranny not being there. I jerry rigged the connections and as always it didn't work. Looking forward to tomorrow though, Finally get the chance to have a twenty something year old, figure out the door popper thing. Yes I am taking the truck to a prosfessional to get those things installed. Then a front end alignment, then on the road. And all only after a year and a half. Thank goodness beer is available.
Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:27 PM   #31
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Welded up heat & a/c control panel hole so that Vintage Air control panel would fit properly. Started mock up process for Vintage Air Gen II evaporator. Took the dents out of the top of dash and made ready for paint.

Wrote up and posted instructions with pictures for converting tailgate supports to cables from bars, as promised I would last week (I guess late is better than never).
Old 11-28-2004, 10:15 PM   #32
1969 GMC

Friday, went to a farm auction out in the boondocks. It was 30* with heavy winds, and muddy. Was at the auction from 9:00-3:30, I must say that they are addictive , oh and they didnt auction off the cool stuff until the end ('53 Caddy w/ 90k, '78 T-Bird w/ 25k, '84 Buick Park Ave, a ton of quads and riding mowers, 2 combines, a Farmall Super M, a Farmall MD, 7 Fordson tractors, and a ton of misc farm implements). Along with frostbite in my feet and nose, I got about 12 antique matched sets of Ohio farm plates for $1, incl. 2 sets of '72s. My dad scored a pair of International Harvester wheel wrenches for his M for $20, kinda hard to find I guess.

Friday night consisted of hanging out with my old crew of friends from HS, knocking back a few brewskis, and having a Halo 2 tournament.

Saturday morning replaced the radiator in my Buick. The old one practically fell apart in my hands. Then Sat. night I worked.

Today, I worked this morning. Then came home and moved some stuff around in the garage. Now I am about to do my hw and arranging to buy some more parts for the GMC. phew
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 PM   #33
Wootdog

MocWon

Do you have any pictures for the mockup of the air? I need to build a console for the air conditioning and heat. ( My brother who started this project filled in the dash, and I need to see what the controls would look like). I can then allow for them in the center console. Thanks in advance. Kerry
Wootdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #34
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Wootdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootdog
Do you have any pictures for the mockup of the air? I need to build a console for the air conditioning and heat. ( My brother who started this project filled in the dash, and I need to see what the controls would look like). I can then allow for them in the center console. Thanks in advance. Kerry
I'll get a couple of pictures for you later this week. I had one but it was so blury it was hard to see I deleted it.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:38 PM   #35
ghetocrewzer
Account Suspended

Slogo that sucka is lookin so bada$$!!!!!! Got mine cranked up(been sittin for 3 months) aired up(compressor burnt up due to low voltage cause im a dummy and didnt redo my quicky wirin job I did hour before we left for Showfest in May LOL) so i had to air up an airtank bout 6 times over at my dads garage and then use it to air up the bags. Anyhoooo got it up and took it for a drive since i will soon be tearin it back down to shave more of the firewall build inner wheelwells in the front and color match the block and trans to planned body color. Also gonna chrome some stuff and change slip on steel braided crap for Cool Flex hoses.
Attached Images

Last edited by ghetocrewzer; 11-28-2004 at 11:42 PM.
ghetocrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote