The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2004, 12:45 AM   #1
BK
BK Built

ECE crossmember

I was wondering if anyone on here has used the ECE trailing arm crossmember or their auto tranny crossmember. I ordered both this week, hopefully be here mid week, and get put in the following week. I was just wondering if anyone has used these, especially with bagged setups, as i will be. Thanks. Heres what they say on the trailin arm x-member -

"Tired of dragging the center crossmember of your 1963-'72 GM truck? Early Classic's new Extreme Drop Center Crossmember has solved several clearance problems associated with 5" or more rear drops. Not only does our unit give your chassis 2.5" more ground clearance, it's raised center hoop design eliminates driveshaft interference on trucks with a slammed stance. This Assembly also provides exhaust passages to allow you to run 3" dual exhaust through the center of your chassis and out of harm's way. This black powder-coated beast has been engineered and fabricated from 1/4" thick Laser-cut and formed steel plate to be stronger and more functional than the factory unit it replaces.

As you have come to expect from Early Classic, this component's design also retains factory brake line, fuel line and parking brake cable passages, and is provided with all necessary Grade-8 hardware. (No cutting or welding required.) "
Attached Images

BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
Bagd72Chevy
C10 Collector

I'm seriously thinking about the trailing arm crossmember, let me know how it goes.
Bagd72Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:49 AM   #3
PTS Kustoms

Both are very nice pieces. I am building a frame off truck and I am using both pieces as you will. The only thing I would check would be the driveshaft loop area especially on a bagged truck. My guess if it is going to lay frame it will still need to be modified...

Perry
PTS
PTS Kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

I have both of them on my truck frame but i'm still working on the air ride suspension. If i get back aroudn to it before you do i'll send you a PM about clearance issues, but honestly i think it's a large enough opening for the driveshaft.

Jared

My Rides
1967 C10 In Pieces for now
1985 Ford B700 SourPuss Bus - BIG BLUE
2003 Silverado CITY WORKER YELLOW!!
JHickson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
moodybo

I am just going to go with modifying my own! I still posess the skills to chop,cut and weld! So i feel that for those who do not go this route can order there whole truck thru ther catolog and "bolt" it together! Nothing wrong just two differant builders!

My two scents!
moodybo is offline   Reply With Quote