The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #1
DTerry
'70 GMC C-25 LWB

c20 Air bags????

Hey, I have a 1970 gmc c20 with leafs in the rear. I plan on using this truck for a daily driver and to haul a racecar in the summer. I heard that alot of you guys that haul cars or trailers use bags in the rear. I was woundering if its worth getting bags or should i just get lowering springs and shackels. I saw this link http://www.airride.com/productinfo/airoverleaf.asp, if you guys think I should get bags then are these the right ones to get?. Thanks for all the help its appreciated.
DTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
DTerry
'70 GMC C-25 LWB

Anyone?
DTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #3
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

i do not know the spechs or what size bag you will need, but heck yes you can still tow that trailer with bags. in addition to my 68 project i have a 90 1/2 ton that has an ART 4 link on it and i towed my car trailer across country and the ride was better that the stock springs with the helper bags that i had in there because of the rear end sag.
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote